Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our First Letter Has Arrived!

Hello everyone from the MTC,

I am doing great, I am loving it here. I live with 5 other sisters who all speak French. My companion is Soeur Wiseman nad she is amazing. We both know French quite well already and yesterday during our first ever companion study we spoke French for a full hour straight. I love learning French so much!!! So I found out that Wednesday there were 424 new missionaries at the MTC. and thee are 14 MTC's around the world. The Provo MTC has about 2,300 missionaries.

My schedule is so crazy I feel a bit like I am running all the time but it is exhilarating. The first 4 days are supposedly a little more crazy than the rest because ourt schedule is different than the rest of our zone. Oh, let me explain that. There are 12 people in my class, which as large as they get, we have 8 Elders and 4 Sisters we meet every day and that class is our District. There are other classes that are learning French and they make up our zone, but our zone is also our branch that we meet with on Sunday for church. Starting monday we will be on the same schedule as our zone, where as right now we are not.
The cafeteria is so cool, they always have 3 or 4 different entrees to choose from and on sundays and Wednesdays they serve BYU icecream! The dish return place is my favorite part. it is this huge conveyor belt thing that you place your tray with all your dishes and extra food and everything on and thats it, it looks super cool.
P-day will be on Fridays but I can get mail any day and read it that night. If you send me mail through DearElder.com they print them out so I can read a hard copy, I think that might be easier for me. 

I love it here and I have already learned so much and have felt the spirit, the edesire I have to teach and learn just keeps growing.  I know this is were I need to be and I know that Heavenly Father is taking care of me. Thank you for your support and love and prayers. I love you all so very much and I want you all to know that I know that this is the work of the Lord and it is already blessing my life. I am so happy.

much love always,
Soeur Turney aka Galien

No comments:

Post a Comment