Friday, November 12, 2010

Week 4: 1/3 of the Way Through the MTC

Bonjour everyone!

I don't know where to start, this has been another amazing week. I can hardly believe that I have been here for 3 and a half weeks. They say that time is different here and I believe it. Every day seems the same, days of the week and dates really have no meaning here. There are Sundays and not Sundays. This Fast Sunday was cool, we have Sacrament meeting and then mission conference. President Smith, the MTC mission President, gave a talk about self mastery and knowing who you are, it was amazing that in the first 5 minutes of his talk he said exactly what I had been fasting for. I have never felt this blessed or like God is so  aware of who I am and what I am doing. 

A side note on food: The food here is great, and they do a really good job, but I cannot believe that I miss vegetables so much. They have them of course but after having fresh tomatoes and carrots all summer I feel deprived. They have a big thing of cauliflower the other day and I was so excited I got a whole bowl full. I don't even like cauliflower, but there you go. They also have donuts every day. Donuts with sprinkles, it is dangerous to my figure. They also have BYU creamery ice cream every Wednesday and Sunday. I think I might finally get my Freshman 15 if I 'm not careful.  

We are so blessed, our fireside speaker this Sunday this last Sunday Sheri Dew. It was funny because all the sisters were so excited when we found out and all the elders were like "who is Sheri Dew?" Silly Elders. She spoke about seeing ourselves in the big picture and about the knowledge that will help us stay faithful in this life. She told us to read Doctrine and Covenants 138 and I suggest you do, it made me excited to think about the people I might have associated with in the premortal world. 

We also had some big changes in our zone. 3 of the older districts left this week so about 40 missionaries from our branch are now gone. It is a little weird, that we are now the "old people".

Tuesdays are devotional, the past 3 weeks we have had apostles, which is really rare. There is a choir practice right before and all the sisters decided to go, When we walked in Elder Bednar was at the podium getting his notes ready. My companion, sister Wiseman started freaking out. He is her favorite apostle and while she normally has the energy of Carol Ann Whitworth and speaks as fast as Sue Woffinden, she was almost incomprehensible in her joy. She was so excited that she got to sing for him. We were sitting right in the middle of the woman's section and apparently they zoomed in on the 4 sisters in our district while we were singing. Elder Bednar gave us a formula for learning the doctrines of the gospel. He also gave us an apostolic blessing that as we have faith and are diligent the doctrines and principles will distil upon our minds as the dews from heaven and will bless us and the generations to come. I feel so grateful for the support and encouragement that we have been given from the Apostles and from the Lord.


Thank you for all the letters and packages!

Lots of love,

Soeur Turney

No comments:

Post a Comment