Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 29: Transfer four is off to a Good Start

Happy May day everyone!!

So, transfers occurred without any major problems, surprise! Soeur Williams train down to Paris left at 6:40 in the morning, I was helping her haul her luggage on board and almost got stuck on the train, I managed to escape just in time, the lady standing next to us just laughed. My new companion Soeur Cope didn't arrive until 2 in the afternoon, so I had a lot of time to myself, it was so weird, nice but weird. I can't imagine what it is going to be like when I go home, and I am alone all the time...I am going to be so awkward, ha. We had dinner at Rita's House Wednesday night, a very tasty seafood pasta. Rita's friend Sarah showed up about halfway through dinner and stayed for the lesson too. We had decided to talk about the Book of Mormon so it was perfect. We gave Sarah a copy of the Book of Mormon as we left and she said she would read it, YES!!! 

On Thursday on our way to the Young Single Adult council meeting we found Carmen San Diego. There was this girl with long dark hair in a red coat and hat and look just like her, it was cool. If you ever  wanted to know, Carmen lives in Liège and works at a place called Vie Feminine. 

Saturday was awesome.  We had a young Single Adult missionary activity. We went to the church at about 10 to help get lunch ready, baguette sandwiches! Then we had lunch and a spiritual thought and were organized into companionships with the Young Adults. One of the sister companionships from Brussels came down so that we could go on splits, as there are a lot more female young adults then male ones, as usual. I was paired with Katie Fonicello, I took a picture of us but of course didn't bring my camera today. There were about 12 of us all together and we all got on the bus and headed into the city center to go contacting. Katie and I went to an area called Pont D'Avroy, it is a shopping area so there were a lot of people. Katie was so good at contacting, she would pick out who to talk to and I would start the conversation and she would jump in at the perfect time it was awesome. We gave out a couple of cards with information about young adult activities and got one phone number. Then we headed back to the church, we had a testimony meeting where we shared what we learned. and then there was an Easter egg hunt out side for us. Then there was a baptism of a boy named Zakary in our branch. It was a long day but is was so fun. 

I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 6 this week and found something interesting, in verse 19 Oliver is counseled to have patience, faith, hope, and charity. I think that often there is a time factor in the changes that we are trying to make in ourselves and as we deal with other people. It is important to have faith, hope and charity but we also have to have patience that they will come, patience with ourselves especially. I think one of the hardest things for me to remember is that change takes time. I can't expect the people I am teaching to change in one day, they need time to learn and figure things out on their own. This is the Lord's work and it will be done in the Lord's time, too, and I have to have the faith and hope that I will have the charity I need if I am patient and keep working towards it. 

I am so excited for this new transfer and that I get to work with Soeur Cope, I am excited for the work we are going to do, we  have a list of people we are going to focus on and places and times to go contacting, I am excited to get out and work, I love spending a whole day doing the things that the Lord would do. There is no greater joy than that. 

I love you all, 

Soeur Gaelin Turney


No comments:

Post a Comment